When is the trip?
The trip is scheduled for August 19-30, 2018. We will be leaving for Nairobi, Kenya on Sunday, August 19 and will return to the U.S. on Thursday, August 30.
How much will the trip cost?
The trip costs $2,500 per person, which includes accommodations, food, airfare, transportation, and a safari adventure. You will definitely want to bring spending money for souvenirs, sightseeing, or other personal items.
What will we be doing?
- Facilitating a pastor’s conference and a women’s conference.
- Serving local pastors in some of the slum areas surrounding Nairobi.
- One-day safari adventure.
- Working with Brian and Jerilyn White, who are the directors of the Uganda Baptist Seminary.
- Spending time meeting local pastors, visiting area churches, and catching a vision for what God is doing in Uganda.
Where will we be staying?
- Nairobi: Mayfield Guest House.
- Uganda: Seminary campus.
What will I need to pack?
- It will be hot so shorts are okay, but no tank tops.
- Comfortable shoes – lots of walking.
- Sunglasses and a hat.
- For Sunday, women should plan to wear skirts and men slacks.
- Bug spray. There will be lots of mosquitoes so bring plenty of bug spray!
- Personal First Aid Kit. It’s always a good idea to pack a small first aid kit when traveling abroad. The kit should include: pain reliever, sunburn lotion, nausea medication, band aids, sanitizer, etc.
Do I need a Visa/Passport?
- Yes! Entry into Kenya and Uganda requires a visa. We will discuss securing the appropriate visa at the March informational meeting.
- The cost of your Visa is included in the total cost of the trip. You also need a current passport.
- Visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html for both passport and Visa information/application.
Dates to Remember:
- February 25, 2018: Informational Meeting
- March 25, 2018: $200 deposit due
- June 17, 2018: Remaining $2300 due